Friday, October 2, 2009

A New Day!

Hello!  Welcome to my very first blog post!  I'm so happy to have finally gotten my act together to get this blog up and running.  My desire here is to share some photos with you on a weekly basis so you can see what I'm working on.

The last several weeks I have been working old school with film.  I had forgotten how wonderful and peaceful it is. Just to stand in the dark all alone and roll the long curly rolls of film onto the little metal reel.  I love watching the clock and agitating the tanks- oh and the spell of fix that lingers on my hands for the rest of the day!

Not only do I love processing film but I love shooting it too.  I love the sound of a film camera when you take the shot.  It's such a wonderful click that sounds so full of hope and then the winding that gets you ready for the next shot.  You can almost feel the film sliding across the back of the camera. 

The very best thing about working with film is that I am forced to leave the comfort of my home (that contains three lovely ladies who listen to loud music, fight, and need me every two minutes) and venture out to the photo lab where I have to work alone and quietly except for the occasional friend that stops in to work.  I don't even mind the 120 students asking me which way their negatives lay on the paper in order to make a contact sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment