Saturday, May 14, 2011

Gone Fishing...

So far I've managed to keep up on both of my blogs while my house has been falling apart beneath me. Today I have to hang the "Gone Fishing " sign. I need to really get to work so I can get all of this done. Many of you know we had a huge water leak in one of our walls but this week as we were finishing up that job, I noticed another water leak. I know, could you die? I was on the phone looking around the house when I noticed a large paint bubble on my kitchen ceiling. I freaked out and was very sad all day, trying to stay positive while trying not to cry.


Anyway, If you have a water leak, I highly recommend having it in the ceiling. I noticed the leak on Tuesday and this morning all is repaired and the drywall is dry and ready to be painted. That repair was about six weeks easier than the one that hit the floor, walls and garage...


This week I have been painting, sanding and cleaning. At this point I am ready to refresh all the paint in the house, paint the stair banister and repaint all my ceilings. This takes time when you have children and a schedule you have to live by so I will be taking a slight break. I'll be working my hardest to get my entire house "refreshed" before my new couch arrives at the end of the month. So as I sit here in my old painted sweat pants, and wrinkled t-shirt I drink my cup of coffee in preparation of a day full of more painting and sanding, and moving furniture back to where it belongs. 


Enjoy your next couple of weeks and think of me while I'm fishing...


 The new leak...

 The new hole


Once again, covered in plastic 
with drywall dust everywhere...


I will definitely be posting before and after pictures in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment