Monday, February 20, 2012

Elie

Baby Elie!

November 29th of 2011 Baby Elie Remmers was born to my friends Joey and Natalie. She is a fabulous little girl who just joined this family of two older brothers, Nathan and Mark. These are not just a couple of boys I'm talking about. These are true solid, manly boys. They hike, they shoot, they dress like boys and say boy things, they move like boys and play with girls like they're still boys! They really are the kind of young men that grow up in the truest sense of what I've always imagined a boy would do. And now there is lovely little sweet cheeky Elie. 

When we went to visit her for the first time I was so impressed how protective her brothers were over her. They were holding her and loving on her. The boys were so tender with her and it seemed they were genuinely in love with her. She is going to be a very lucky little girl to be the youngest of these wonderful kids. She will never have a boyfriend but she will have brothers. As a mother of three girls, I can't imagine anything better!

The "men" with their baby girl.


Fabulous!


Speaking of farts and such...
Forgive me, but if boys are around, it must be done.


The Beauty




Is there anything as beautiful as a sleeping baby?




The Wrap





The Fabulous hat



Elie with her beautiful Mom, Natalie. 

Natalie speaks to her children with a wonderful calmness and fairness that is rare. She is loving and patient and so even with the boys. I'm glad she has a girlie on her team, not because she needed anyone on her "team" but because she will be teaching another girl in our world how to be a gentle, fair, and lovely woman.

Joey and Natalie are a wonderful parenting team and I'm impressed by their love of their children. It has been wonderful watching them grow over the last ten years. It seems they are complete. 

I'm hoping to be able to show you some future work with Joey. He is an artist and we've spoken of making some collaborative art together. Please take some time to look at his amazing work here. Joey Remmers 

I'll send you off now with a few of the last pictures we took together.






 Mothers who love get surrounded by love



 This image was a perfect example of 
Natalie's spirit. Just a sweet calmness
in the middle of the crazy, fun but crazy.


 This is my favorite image of the day.
What do I even need to say?


Like I said, she wont have any boyfriends
But she already has all the boys she needs...


No comments:

Post a Comment